Saturday, November 10, 2007

Squirrel Chasing Kid Discovers Mammoth Tooth





I'm posting this for three reasons. First, that kid is darn cute. (And as you may recall, I have a weakness for all adorable little creatures.) Second, anyone who devotes his spare time to chasing squirrels deserves my support. And third, it proves once again that there's treasure all around us.

Not long ago, three-year-old Kaleb Kidd (great name) was terrorizing the Wisconsin squirrel community when he stumbled upon an unsual rock. He told his grandfather it looked like a tooth--and that's exactly what it was. Kaleb had discovered an ancient tooth that had once belonged to a wooly mammoth.

Much to Kaleb's dismay, the tooth is now on display at an art gallery. That's right. They took Kaleb's tooth away from him! (And he didn't even get a sizeable check from the tooth fairy in return!)

I demand justice. Read more here.

13 comments:

annemarie said...

He's so cute! I love how he's a squirrel chaser! I can't believe he found a woolly mammoth tooth.

There really is treasure all around us.

International Mastermind said...

Awww...
He is so cute that he could BE a squirrel!
No fair! They really have no right to take that away from the poor kid! If he had found a rock, no one would be able to take it.
And in an ART museum. Don't get me wrong, I love art. But it should be put in a natural history museum.

Anonymous said...

Kiki should "liberate" the tooth ad give it back!

ananka said...

That's the best idea I've heard in a long time! We must return the tooth to its rightful owner!

Spring said...

I got my package today. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH Kirsten! I love the "I" stickers and the candy rat. Thanks for the signed book too! Thank AGAIN and I'm going to go eat the candy rat now!

Anonymous said...

signed book? if i send u my book will you sign it? wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. i feel so unloved. i will proceed to pout...

ananka said...

Yes, anonymous. If you send me a book, I will be thrilled to sign it! If that's what you really want, you can send me a note at kikistrike.com!

Lena said...

Dude! We need to make a plan. *Brings out blueprints of art gallery* O.K folks. We have an exit here, here and here. And lazers are over the tooth.
Internation Mastermind will begin by using her eye of fire to burn the doors. Annemarie can use her funny face to make the guards laugh. Spring can dance over the lazers. Anonymous, with her secrets and mysterious-ness, could grab it without being noticed by the cameras. I will be waiting with the squirrels, discussing the proper technique to save up acorns.
Also, THANK YOU! I DID receave my package yesterday and was over-joyed to find the signed book along with a rat and many stickers! NowI have something to use as a layout for my sneak-suits. MHUAHAHAHAHAHAHASHAHAHAHAHA. In fact, D & S were glad to see the book! I let S read it on the condition that she never put take it anywhere else. I can hardly trust her with a camera, much less a signed book!

Ananka said...

Oh sorry. Should be kikistrike@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

cool i'll do it now:)

Anonymous said...

Thank you lena, I am mysterious, aren't i? Whatever needs 2 b done, count me in on it:)

ananka said...

Lena,

That was HILARIOUS! I'm so impressed.

Anonymous said...

Dito!