Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Rock Cottage





Tomorrow, I believe I'll do a post or two on the subject of modern-day troglodytes (cave dwellers). You'll be suprised to learn how many people live underground! I'll start off the fun with this lovely little cottage built into a English cave. Though it doesn't have running water or electricity, it recently sold at auction for more than $200,000!

It's one of many "rock houses" in the area around Wolverley, Worcestershire. You can see pictures of some of the others here.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Oh I love it!

theatre said...

I'd be a little creeped out by living *in* the side of a mountain...although living in a highrise several stories off the ground seems very apealing? Our culture, well my view of American society in certain aspects is a little wierd.

spring (John didn't sign out) said...

It would be cool to 'rent-a-cave' for a summer house or something!

Nellie said...

So beautiful...

Anonymous said...

thats so cool. I love it! I would totally live there.

Anonymous said...

so it has come to my attention that there is another anonymous around. therefore this will be my last comment as anonymous. i know,i know, be strong my friends, though i don't have a blog, i will be using udon'tneed2knowmyname as my thingy. i love all of you, fellow anonymous i relinquish the torch. goodbye...
is that ok ananka?
lol i know i'm odd. thats why u love me!
right?

Nellie said...

Oh my. Better remember that!

Anonymous said...

You anonymous poeples sure are funny!



-infamous