Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Friday, August 17, 2012
Cover contest entries have started coming in, and I'm really impressed by what I've seen so far. I'll be posting some of the entries that I find most interesting. Check out the latest HERE. They're not necessarily finalists, just covers that managed to take me by surprise.
THE CONTEST ENDS ON 8/31! THERE'S STILL MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME TO READ THE BOOK AND ENTER. (Rules can be found on my Tumblr.)
As I expected a few people have requested copies, and then posted reviews. (Naughty, naughty!) Fortunately, it appears that they loved the book. One described it as, "Hogwarts for hustlers meets the Hunger Games." Ha.
(Above: I love these old mug shots. Check out the eyes on the guy on the left. Below: I need to read more about her, but I like the look.)
Monday, August 13, 2012
That's right. I have five copies sitting right in front of me. One of them could be YOURS. All you have to do is answer the following ten questions correctly . . .
1. What do Iris McLeod's parents do for a living?
2. Who is
3. What does Howard Van Dyke call his chicken?
4. Where is the Borland Academy located?
5. What is Kaspar's real name?
6. Who's the ghost in Lester Liu's mansion?
7. Would you willingly eat escargot?
8. Do you consider yourself dangerous?
9. Do you have a secret skill? If so, please share.
10. Which Irregular would be the most fun at a slumber party?
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. (For heaven's sake, don't post them here!) I'll announce the winner at 8PM New York time.
I can afford postage to the US or Canada. *Man, you guys are good!