Friday, October 24, 2008

A Visual Encyclopedia of Street Artists











I just came across this awesome list of "40+ Street Artists You Should Know Besides Banksy." Some, like Blu, have been featured in this blog. And a lot of the work can be found around New York. But many of the artists were new to me, too!

My favorites? JR, (top). This work is only a few blocks from my house, and I have to say it's absolutely beautiful. I also like Thundercut's walk/don't walk signs (middle). And I could never forget Swoon (bottom), one of New York's most amazing street artists.

11 comments:

kidmeowkitty said...

hey when is the third book coming???I hope it comes out soon!!!!!!!!

Ren (All By MySHELF) said...

The mermaid on the walk/don't walk sign was kind of funny.
KidMeowKitty brought up a good question. When is the third Kiki Strike supposed to come out? What's it called? What is it about?

*coughvisitmyblogcough*

Thumb Biter said...

OMG I always see the one at the top and it always freaks me out, lol.

Orchid said...

The last picture was awesome, in a kind of weird way. I also thought the the mermaid walk/don't walk sign was pretty cool.
When does the third Kiki Strike book come out?

undiscovered universe said...

That is beyond fabulous! One of the best posts and thats saying something!

falcon said...

Some of them were really good, some of them were more tagging than intresting stuff. Most of them were really cool though!

liltomboyblue11;) said...

That's so cool! I'm in a really funny mood from watching to much anime....

Kitty said...

Haha, I get what you mean Liltomboyblue11!!! XD I ge those funny feeing too after watcing an anime. Mostly, I get really hyper.. ^^'

Anyways, I think they're all really good... lolz

dangerous said...

i loooove graffiti... its a cool way of expressing yourself

liltomboyblue11;) said...

Kitty: Definetely. It makes me seem crazy... >_<

Persephone said...

MY favorites were Knowhope and Elbowtoe, probably because they somehow reminded me of Edward Gorey's work.