Thursday, October 16, 2008

And the Winner Is . . .





(Above: My best attempt at an illustration.)

The winning entry was part of a complete spy-purse kit, which included an impressive array of brilliant products, such as "Corrosive Lip Gloss" and "Tear-Inducing Mascara."

However, our judges were blown away by the sheer simplicity and usefulness of one disgusting little concept: Fake Blood Chewing Gum. It doesn't make use of the latest advances in technology, it doesn't come with a lot of bells and whistles, and you might even be able to make it yourself. But we believe Fake Blood Chewing Gum is destined to be a classic.

(And unlike a tube of fake Halloween blood, it could easily go undetected inside a purse or handbag.)

Congratulations, Hania! You're the winner of the Perfect Gadget Contest!

Here's the entry . . .


Fake Blood Chewing Gum

Need to gain access to a private property? Well, ask for their bathroom of course! Obviously, if you’re a stranger, they will immediately refuse your call to the powder room. But once they see a young, innocent girl in need of the bathroom for a severe oral injury, they’ll be none too hesitant to refuse (unless they actually like blood on their doorstep)

The Gadget/Item:

This special gum is bigger than your average piece of bubble gum. (Note: Not a gum stick but an actual gum piece.) It is approximately 2cm x 2cm in size. 85% of the gum is filled with a gooey centre, and when chewed, this gooey centre will release a blood coloured and textured liquid. The other 15% of the gum is an actual gum, but it’s quite an easy layer to break into for the blood-like substance to show

(Note: this also means you will have to store the pack of gum in a place where it will not be so easily squashed, or else you’ll end up with a mess in your bag/pocket/purse).

Just remember, an over the top injury may result in an ambulance being called. Then you should run for it!

32 comments:

nellie said...

Congratulations Hania!!! That is JUST SO COOL!

Kitty said...

OoO All I can say is... WOW!!!! Congrats Hania!! X3

Kitty said...

try giving a trick o treater one of those and ask them to eat it right away!

Lady Dahlia said...

Awww, I wanted to win. :'(
Congrats, Hania. I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say I'm kind of jealous.
Oh well, maybe next time. (I must have the worst luck or just a lack of creativity to lose so many contests)
Well, I'm mature enough to admit that a whole purse full of stuff is better than my Campact Fingerprinting Kit. :D

Kirsten Miller said...

Lady Dahlia: For the record, you were one of the finalists. We loved the idea and your illustrations. Truly amazing!

Poison Pen said...

Congratulations, Hania! Genius idea. I never thought someone would take it as far as an entire handbag. Brilliant! I applaude!
~Macy

Anonymous said...

Can you announce the finalists?

dangerous said...

dangit, i always think of things too late, like my idea for an explosive pen or an acidic lipstick. exellant idea for blood gum though. good job Hania! :D

carmela said...

Congratulations Hania!!! (share your blessings. hehe:D) I'm jealous. Now I can't wait for the NEXT one. haha. Ooh, can you tell us what the surprise is?

KikiStrike20 said...

congrats Hania! that was a cool idea!

Thumb Biter said...

Hania: Congratulations.
It would be so cool if you actually made and sold them.

Thumb Biter said...

PS: Making Fiends is now a TV show! (but I think the original was better.)
http://www.the-n.com/theclick/
Click "halloween," and then "Making Fiends."

International Mastermind said...

Wow, caongrats, Hania! That is VERY cool.

Off to inject some Halloween blood in to my Dubble-Bubble...

Patsee said...

Congratulations!

leximel said...

Congratulations!
Your idea is something made of evil genius.

Hazel said...

Congratulations Hania! Way to go!

littlechar said...

Brilliant idea!
Congrats!!!

IDHSCB said...

My friend brought something like that to school (except it was more round)just in case he wanted to ditch class. o.o

Undiscovered Universe said...

Aww, not mine.... oh well! Hania's was so much better then mine! That's so cool!

Ananka: It might be fun to post a few more interesting things, because I REALLY want to see what everyone came up with! :)

A compact finger printing kit sounds cool!

missterious said...

Congratulations, Hania!!!
Could you post the finalists? Just so we can see how close we came to winning.

falcon said...

I didn't come up with a single good idea. Hey, where could i get tear inducing Mascara?

Anonymous said...

WOOT TO ALL!!!!!!

Lady Dahlia, yours totally cool, too!! I so wish I could have that in my purse! All in all though, I'm sure the Irregulars would have found more uses for Hania's idea (Great job, btw!).

Kirsten, I'm with everyone else when asking to see the finalists. Really, we're just curious. It won't do any harm, will it? *smiles like Iris trying to little-girl her way into something*

So, yeah. Great contest!

WrittenChaos said...

Brilliant idea(s)! Congratlations. :D
I actually have a fake blood capsule that I keep in my purse in case I need to get out of class quickly.

Dame Orchid said...

Congratulations on winning the gadget contest, Hania!
Please post the finalists!

Anonymous said...

who were the finalists?

Girlskickbutt!!! said...

that sounds cool. i love gum but i was disgusted by it for a few days after watching nick and norah's infinite playlist. this might creep me out a little bit but it would be cool. what flavor? wow i haven't commented in forever.

Esma said...

YAY HANIAAAAAAAA I'M SCREAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congratulations! congratulations! congratulations! IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

liltomboyblue11;) said...

Hania: Woohoo'! Congradulations! My ides weren't nearly as cool, but my Mom made me go to bed before I could finish emailing Kirsten... oh well!

Hania said...

Geez, someone, pinch me!
Eeeek!

Thank you EVERYONE. You all rock, seriously. I bet ALL the ideas were awesome! :)

Cupcakedoll said...

That is just brilliant.

Anonymous said...

totslly cool hania! your idea is awesome! do we get to know the surprise prize yet?

Nico said...

loved the idea Hania! so cool!