Thursday, October 16, 2008
And the Winner Is . . .
(Above: My best attempt at an illustration.)
The winning entry was part of a complete spy-purse kit, which included an impressive array of brilliant products, such as "Corrosive Lip Gloss" and "Tear-Inducing Mascara."
However, our judges were blown away by the sheer simplicity and usefulness of one disgusting little concept: Fake Blood Chewing Gum. It doesn't make use of the latest advances in technology, it doesn't come with a lot of bells and whistles, and you might even be able to make it yourself. But we believe Fake Blood Chewing Gum is destined to be a classic.
(And unlike a tube of fake Halloween blood, it could easily go undetected inside a purse or handbag.)
Congratulations, Hania! You're the winner of the Perfect Gadget Contest!
Here's the entry . . .
Fake Blood Chewing Gum
Need to gain access to a private property? Well, ask for their bathroom of course! Obviously, if you’re a stranger, they will immediately refuse your call to the powder room. But once they see a young, innocent girl in need of the bathroom for a severe oral injury, they’ll be none too hesitant to refuse (unless they actually like blood on their doorstep)
This special gum is bigger than your average piece of bubble gum. (Note: Not a gum stick but an actual gum piece.) It is approximately 2cm x 2cm in size. 85% of the gum is filled with a gooey centre, and when chewed, this gooey centre will release a blood coloured and textured liquid. The other 15% of the gum is an actual gum, but it’s quite an easy layer to break into for the blood-like substance to show
(Note: this also means you will have to store the pack of gum in a place where it will not be so easily squashed, or else you’ll end up with a mess in your bag/pocket/purse).
Just remember, an over the top injury may result in an ambulance being called. Then you should run for it!