Friday, October 3, 2008

The Unbelievable Power of Skunk





(Above: Don't mess with this kid.)

The Israeli army has developed a new weapon that's got people talking . . . and gagging and groaning. It's called Skunk.

Skunk is a harmless substance that can be sprayed from a water cannon. According to the Israelis, its secret ingredients are completely organic and include no banned chemicals. It's even safe enough to drink. Yet even a small amount of Skunk can bring a target to his knees.

How is this possible? Those in the know say that Skunk may be the worst-smelling substance on earth. It's been described as, "an overpowering mix of rotting meat, old socks that haven't been washed for weeks--topped off with the pungent waft of an open sewer." And if you're unlucky enough to be given a spritz, you'll find that Skunk won't wash off for up to three days.

Not everyone is a big fan of Skunk, and many experts insist that more tests need to be done. But it seems like it may end up being a pretty good alternative to bullets and bombs.

Read more here.

9 comments:

nellie said...

Quick, everyone suck up to the Israelites! They're so nice, I'm sure they won't want to spray us!LOL

Kitty said...

Lolz, if only America has that weapon too! XD We have TONS of skunks in NJ!

Hazel said...

Seriously, DO NOT MESS WITH ANYONE WITH WEAPONS AND IMAGINATION LIKE THAT!

Undiscovered Universe said...

Sadly, I'm "in the know" my dog gets sprayed practically every time we go on a hike (like every weekend)
I can just picture a war:
Evil Person "Surrender!!"
Good Persom "Never! I will NEVER tell my nations secrets!"
Evil Person: "We have ways of making people talk" (Brings out skunk)
Good Person "No! Oh no, anything but the skunk!"
Evil Person "Just tell us where the Presedent is hiding and we'll let you go free!"
Good Person "I'd rather die!"
Evil Person (sprays skunk)
Good Person: "OK! Fine! I'll tell you, just stop" (breaks down crying)

IDHSCS said...

Good person: *brings out real skunk*
Bad person: What the?!

The odor was a so nasty, it felt like my nose was being incinerated by some invisible force. My knees immediately buckled and I couldn't even stand up.
"What is that?" I cried, with my eyes full of tears from the irritating smell.

"Don't mess with this kid."
Just made me laugh...

Patsee said...

Eeeughh.

Irregular Kiki said...

Is it possible for anyone to actually enjoy it? Like, you know some crazy people who enjoy the taste/smell of weird stuff. Does anyone actually enjoy skunk? Is it possible?
That's funny, old socks and sewer, sounds painful!

Irregular Kiki said...

Ananka, I am confused. Does 'skunk' substance come from the actual animal? Or is 'skunk' substance manmade with chemicals?

Anonymous said...

... wow....
oops... i think i'm on my mom's acount.... sorry.

-liltomboyblue