Monday, December 10, 2007

The Mysterious Long-Eared Jerboa





For years, scientists have been trying to get a good look at the strange little creature shown above. Known as a jerboa, it lives in the deserts of China and Mongolia and boasts "one of the biggest ear-to-body ratios" in the world. But until recently, few of the tiny, nocturnal creatures had ever been spotted. Now British scientists have managed to film a few jerboas in action, hopping around like minature kangaroos. I urge you to check out some of the hilarious footage that's been posted on the BBC's website.

(And yes, I posted this 'cause they're cute. The dangerous post is coming up next.)

14 comments:

International Mastermind said...

Oooh...usually I would say cute, but...not really...

I was just on Amazon, and they have come out with this thing called "Kindle". You can download books ono it. "Books of the Future," I guess. An Ipod for reading? NO WAY!!!
This will ruin the whole CONCEPT and SATISFACTION of reading!!! It won't catch on, I promise you.
Have you ever thought of a Kindle Kiki Strike? Please don't!

Patsee said...

*first comment dance*

It's like a mouse... And a bunny... except not!

ananka said...

IM: Never! I don't approve of any book-like device that can't be read/used in the bathtub. Plus, what the heck are you supposed to put on your bookshelves?

Anonymous said...

very cool

Anonymous said...

my new name is THE SAME ANONYMOUS cuse thats what I am.

Erin said...

What a funny, cute little thing.

Erin said...

*after watching video*

It HOPS! Like a mouse/bunny/kangaroo. I loves it!

Spring said...

SOOOOOOO cute!

I saw the Kindle thingy on amazon a while ago. It's the worst thing ever! I guess ONE (just ONE) good thing about it is that it saves a lot of paper, but it's stupid anyway.

Hazel said...

It's cute!

Patsee said...

*second comment dance* It said zero comments when I posted.

Ariana said...

It kind of looks like my family's gerbil.

infamous said...

I love bath reading!

Anonymous said...

THE SAME ANONYMOUS
_____________________
ananka, did or grandad bred this?

ananka said...

Ha! Excellent memory, Same Anonymous. I'm sure he would have liked to, but I doubt he ever got his hands on any.