Tuesday, May 24, 2011

You Guys are GOOD


The cover contest entries I've received so far are VERY impressive! I can't tell you how fabulous it is to have such talented friends/readers/correspondents.

Just to clear a few things up:

1. Let's stick to one entry per person this time. (If you send one, then come up with an idea you like even better, just let me know, and I'll make sure the right cover is entered in the contest.)

2. Feel free to use photos or art from other places, as long as they're used in a new and interesting way. But you might want to avoid celebrity photos.

3. Classic movie posters are also a good source of inspiration. (I love the one above. So simple. So arresting. Even though it's not my favorite Hitchcock film. I think the one below--a new poster for an old film--is also amazing.)

4. Have fun!

4 comments:

Undercover Samurai said...

Thanks so much for answering our questions. I'm almost done with mine!

The 355 said...

awww I understand better. Still Working on mine. Need to do eyes mouth lighting and effect and if I have time then a back round.

Shelia.E said...

http://m.yahoo.com/w/ygo-frontpage/lp/story/us/94624/coke.bp%3B_ylt=An22KyLvQJuE6nOvStu4Bhux.tw4%3B_ylu=X3oDMTFxNTQ0bDlzBGNwb3MDMgRjc2VjA21vYmlsZS10ZARpbnRsA3VzBHBrZwNpZC05NDYyNARwb3MDMgRzbGsDaW1hZ2U-?ref_w=frontdoors&view=today&.intl=us&.lang=en&.tsrc=yahoo


this article reminded me of a certain heiress in the emperess' tomb.

Anonymous said...

I haven't even taken my photos for the cover yet.

Can we also do creative "blurbs" on the back -- or do we save that for the paperback edition cover?

Robert in San Diego