Wednesday, May 16, 2007

How to Bring a Fly Back from the Dead and Other Essential Skills



I'm glad to see that most of you have mastered key emergency medical techniques. (Don't give up, U.N. Owen!) Sorry for not posting as regularly this week. I, too, have been busy teaching myself a few new skills, such as bringing small animals back from the dead, reading minds, and turning ordinary coffee into coins. (Yes, this is how I choose to spend my free time.)

Curious? Pay a visit to this website, and find easy-to-follow instructions for a wide variety of mind-blowing "magic" tricks. (I've never had much interest in prestidigitation. But it seems to me that some of these tricks could come in handy in a quite a few situations.) Be sure to use your new powers for good, never evil.

(Above: The work of photographer Alex Prager. No connection to the post--I just liked the picture. Wonder how she convinced the model to do that?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweeeeet pic!

LittleChar said...

thats cool, my free time usually is spent agitating over the sols and magnitude of homework our teachers have been dumping so they can get through their lesson plans by the end of the year.

ananka said...

Yes, I remember the torture well. May is the cruelest month. And I hear it's even harder these days. You've got my sympathy.

U. N. Owen said...

Yay, I'm in the blog! That is so cool. Thanks!