Sunday, June 4, 2006

DeeDee's New Boyfriend

(Sorry to tease, DeeDee)

On Friday, Dalton Noble finally emerged from his coma. His doctors say he’ll be fine, though it’s unlikely he’ll ever remember his days as a sticky-fingered zombie.

The first thing Dalton requested was a meeting with the girl who'd saved his life in the library. His parents, who would make excellent detectives, managed to track down DeeDee. Once Kiki assured her that the meeting wouldn’t compromise the Irregulars’ cover, DeeDee decided to drop by the hospital.

According to Betty, who went with DeeDee for moral support (disguised as DeeDee’s grandmother), Dalton and DeeDee hit it off immediately. (They do have an awful lot in common, I suppose.) And Betty seems to think Dalton is quite handsome. (She’s never been a good judge of such things, either!)

Dalton and DeeDee planned their first date for Thursday, when Dalton will be released from the hospital. I’d tell you what happens, but now that DeeDee knows how to whip up a zombie potion, I think I’ll try to stay on her good side and let her private life stay private.

Let's just hope Dalton never finds out why he glows at night!

6 comments:

U-no-who said...

if this Kiki Strike happens to be the author of *hint hint* Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City I'm here to say that i was in my favorite bookstore the other day t sight of a rack of your books, and read the back of one. I then bought it. After reading all night I have finished your book, and in case someone hasn'e already, I'm gonig to say that I'm 13 and you have an amazing ability to captivate your readers with adventurous stories and plotlines that twist. Your writing ability is absolutely amazing and I thought you deserved to know. hope to see more from you in the future. Congrats ^.^

A Satisfied reader named Kayla

Knitgrl said...

Hi there,

Here's a link to some information about a buried stream in Manhattan.

http://www.creativepreservation.org/projects/Riddle/

More goodies to come.

Kirsten Miller said...

Thanks, Kayla. I'm thrilled you liked the book!

And thanks for the link, knitgrl. Extremely interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what come up with next.

Anonymous said...

Brava Kiki!
Your terrific story reminds me of the best of Doc Savage--except with girls!
A 66 yr old guy

Hollis said...

Love the book. I read it about sixteend times. The website is nice but don't insult hobbits so muc, they have tempers and don't eat humans. just cook them a little.

Anonymous said...

The book is terrific and the web site is just as good (although it doesn't work via Safari). I'm looking forward to more of both.
California guy