Friday, February 22, 2008

Something's in the Sewers





Imagine you've been hired at the water treatment plant in Eastbourne, East Sussex in the United Kingdom. Your job requires descending into the city sewers each day. The tunnels below the streets are dark and dangerous, and it's easy to lose your way.

Now imagine that you're going about your business one evening when you begin to sense that you're being followed. As far as you know, you're alone down there. But you hear the distinct sound of footsteps splashing through the water that trickles through the tunnels. You catch a glimpse of a figure slipping around a corner. You may even hear the sound of voices echoing in the distance.

This isn't fiction. Many of the water treatment plant's workers claim they're being "stalked" by a "humanoid figure" that follows them through the tunnels. They've even called in an expert in the paranormal to investigate. Until he comes up with a logical explanation, I think I'd take a little time off.

Read more here.

17 comments:

Lilly said...

Wow! creepy...i don't think i would want to work there

Elizabeth said...

Hmm, maybe it's the local teenagers trying to freak out the workers, so they're sneaking around down there.

Or maybe a criminal mastermind is using the tunnels as a hideout and all her minions are down there too.

creativeartist said...

ananka: have you raed the hichhicers guied to the galxy marvins my favroit charicter

Raph said...

What a great plot for a novel to center on. ^^ That's really awesome, though, and at the same time undeniably creepy. Which is always a good combination. (:

It could be a hungry ghost. I hope it's a hungry ghost... xD

Kitty said...

Bwahahaha!! I've always wanted a job like that!

International Mastermind said...

i would've quit anyway...I have the very strange and uncommon fear of wading in others's sewage. :)

Thumb Biter said...

eek!!

Anonymous said...

ooooo.....scaryyyyy!!!

ananka said...

Same Anonymous: Yes, I've read it, but it was years ago and I don't remember much. Maybe I should read it again!

rage said...

Wich is scarier? sewage? or stockers?

Lara said...

hum....i've never been to Sussex(dont want to either!), but i do have some friends there. i wonder if they have heard of it....

Bridget said...

Creepy.

Kiel said...

creepy. What if theres somekinda homeless person living down there??? bizarre...

Tikurrui said...

no, it's just the echo of your own footsteps.

I've been in a pitch black cave without a flash light before (with a tour guide and a group, of course). I nearly screamed to death. >.>;;
(when I was in 3rd grade)

Spring said...

OK!!! Real creepy. Maybe it's a cult !! Yes, I have been reading "weird ohio".

ss chick said...

rad!!! ya know, that picture reminds me of this one part in New Moon by Stephanie Meyers. sigh... i love those books. i mean, who can resist vampires?

carly-rae said...

I think it's a bunch of teens trying to scare them (Ha Ha Ha! tHAT IS LIKE MIDEVIL!)
Whatever. I'm sooo, so glad i don;t work there. I got that same feeling a my old school's bathroom.
carly-rae (Me) lOVES Josiah!