Friday, March 30, 2007

Scandal



It has come to my attention that an unnamed institution has banned this blog. Apparently, the source of the controversy is the silhouette of a trucker. (See below.) While it is certainly in questionable taste, (hey—nobody’s taste is perfect all the time), you’ve got to wonder what planet someone lives on if she doesn’t see a hundred worse things before breakfast. The post would qualify for a G rating.

In fact, I challenge anyone to search this blog’s 100+ posts and find one foul word, one questionable link, or one reference to anything more “scandalous” than a flying humanoid. (Sorry if I’ve disappointed anyone.)

There’s a good reason there’s nothing of that sort to be found here. I have no issues with it personally—it’s just boring. There’s too much of that stuff on every other Internet site, and the last thing I’d want is a blog that’s like all the others.

This blog is devoted to all the amazing things people overlook everyday—not the stuff they could uncover with a simple Google search.

So what do you guys think? I originally considered taking the post down because it affects one of my favorite readers, but I think it’s better to open up the topic for discussion. I'm leaving the choice up to you guys.

14 comments:

Kendall said...

who is your favorite reader Ananka?

Ananka said...

You are, of course.

Kendall said...

awwwwwwwww thank you Ananka!! u are so sweet!
(I know that is kind of sappy)

p.s. I AM SO PISSED! that guy or woman is a total moron i found nothing on this blog that is inappropriate at all

p.p.s but has'nt theatre been around longer than i have?

Ananka said...

Yes, there are a bunch of you who've been around for a while, and you're all my favorites. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

LittleChar said...

the entire school system is totally imune to this site now so you can call them the morons (even though everyone already knew that!)
THIS IS THE BEST BLOG EVER CREATED PEOPLE!! INSPIRED AFTER THE BEST BOOK EVER WRITEN!!
what ever happened to Alexxis and CosimaCat?

lots of wrong spelling oops.

LittleChar said...

is Kendall invited to be an Irregular yet? i love posts were you just spell everything out, or give wierd info on stuff nobody thinks about often. Never have i come across anything even mildly offensive. unless of course people didn't like the colombia conspiracy were people were comatized because of the overeating, but i thought that that was really clever so who knows...

LittleChar said...

at the top of the page though, the site doesn't say that it's been flagged? i wonder how that works out

LittleChar said...

i saw one of those R2D2 mailboxes yesterday it was so cool because my three year old brother loved it and my other brother went off on this major recap of starwars trilogy for some reason.

sorry, random,

LittleChar said...

fun picture by the way! even if it's meaning isn't so fun...

i'll stop commenting now, what was that, four in ten minutes, gee

Kendall said...

am i? just wondering...

Anonymous said...

why? you never say ANYTHING wrong!!!!

Ananka said...

Kendall,

There are four people I think would make excellent Irregulars, and you're definitely one of them. (Theatre is another.) I can't say which one of you is my absolute favorite. (That wouldn't be smart--would it?) But your chances are pretty good, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

gosh..... what does that person have against you?

CosimaCat said...

theatre- here I am. By the way, I think you might be able to go to this blog from your school even if it's blocked, if you leave the www. out (sometimes they forget to block different versions of URLs) or using the IP address- unfortunately I have no idea what's the IP address for this website.