Friday, January 6, 2012

Adventure #2: The Russian Baths

Told you I was going to go somewhere warm this week! At some point in the next three days, I shall be visiting New York's famous Russian Baths, which I've heard are an adventure one MUST experience. (Don't be startled by the appearance of a nude painting when you click the link. And FYI, I will not be removing my swimsuit. Not even when I get beaten with "fragrant oak leaves." Always wanted to try that.) I probably won't be able to Tweet from the inside, but I promise I'll Tweet all the way home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dress warm. Yeah, the baths are warm, but getting there and back, you've got normal weather.

Here's your www.noaa.gov weather forecast for the weekend:
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. West wind between 9 and 13 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 34. Northwest wind between 8 and 10 mph.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. Northwest wind between 7 and 9 mph.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.

You may need to keep gloves on and use a stylus to tweet.

Robert in San Diego -- where it's warmer, but we've also got a "Coastal Flooding Advisory" and all the tsunami evacuation route signs point AWAY from my place....

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an adventure to me! Enjoy and have fun! Tweet Tweet and Away!

Jasmine said...

the baths look like a wonderful place to be since its so cold where you are!!!!!!! over here, in australia, melbourne, its summer with a temperature of 29 (celcius), 84.2 (farenheit) today.

Anonymous said...

to the other anonymous,

I think she is old enough to take care of herself.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous:

Yup, she is, but I've become a bit of a weather checking nut for adventures ever since my pals and I had to climb a 5 foot fence, with our bicycles, because we'd been locked into a flooding flood control channel.

Robert in San Diego