Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Back from Guadalajara!


As regular blog readers may already know, I was down in Mexico last week, visiting the Guadalajara Book Festival. I had an absolutely fabulous time! Having spent most of the past year in front of a computer with only my characters to keep me company, it was wonderful to get out and meet so many Eternos fans! A big thank you to my translator, Paul, for making me sound smart in Spanish--and to Pamela Martinez for a fabulous interview. (Remember that name--Pamela's going to be famous some day.) And my eternal gratitude to all the ladies and gentlemen at my Mexican publisher, Santillana/Alfaguara. Not only are you guys the best in the business, you're a lot of fun, too!

This morning I discovered an article that could come in handy the next time I'm out of town. I have no sense of direction, and the GPS on my phone isn't always reliable. So I'm going memorize these Six Ways to Never Get Lost in a City Again.

9 comments:

Ju L. said...

Guadalajara is so lucky! Glad to hear you had a good time! :)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you went to Guadalajara! That's really cool that you had a translator! What a trip!!!! I like that article a lot. I will definitely use those tips, but I still love my phone!

Anonymous said...

Every so often, when visiting San Jose, California, I get lost. My solution is to ride around in ever-widening circles. Eventually, I'll run into some weird place in a known location. Like the Rosicrucian Museum (nothing like a revived mystery cult for such fun decorating touches as hippopotamus statuary in the reflecting pool), a light rail station, the municipal rose garden, or gigantic Monopoly playing boards.

Robert in San Diego, where it's a little harder to get lost.

Kitty said...

Weeelcome back! :D

A Dreamer said...

I second what Ju. L. said.
Do you know why barnes and noble doesn't have any of your books in stock in the store anymore? as a regular customer, it makes me sad.
Oh, and know of any other chain bookstores?

Chloe said...

Woah! You went to Guadalajara?!? That's Awesome! :)
And just a random FYI:
Sherlock Homes 2 is showing in theaters TODAY!!!!! YAY! I'm SO Excited that I even dressed up in Victorian-esque clothing to school Today!! BTW, Do you like the Sherlock Holmes stories, Kirsten?

42 said...

Glad you had such a good experience! I'm sure the lives of the Guadalajarians have been enhanced by your presence.

That picture of the brain island is so familiar; have you used it before on this blog?

Isobel said...

they are awesome tips. i'll defiantly be using them!!

Kirsten Miller said...

A Dreamer: Thanks! Not sure about B&N, but the first two Kiki Strike books are being re-released this coming year, so they've probably stopped ordering copies of the previous editions. So don't be sad. The publishing world works in mysterious ways.