Thursday, January 1, 2015

Every Girl Needs a . . . Ghillie Suit





Observing wildlife? Hunting Bigfoot? Spying on the neighbors? Looking for something to wear to your wicked stepsister's wedding? Then you need your own ghillie suit!

(From Wikipedia: A ghillie suit is a type of camouflage clothing designed to resemble heavy foliage. Even more interesting, a "Ghillie Dhu"--which means "dark servant" in Gaelic--is a type of woodland faerie that's said to be kind to children. Thought you should know.)

Fortunately, this site offers handy tips for making your own ghillie. Pretty awesome!

13 comments:

Irregular Kiki said...

GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS AND GORGEOUS!
I love this costume. Look at that photo! I HAVE to have one of these!!! Ananka, you must love this costume aswell, because you do love Bigfoot. I wish I could meet Bigfoot. Maybe with this costume.....
(Blogger wont sign me in, Im overseas)

Irregular Kiki said...

http://www.ghilliesuits.com/paintballghillieponcho.aspx

Look at this! It is so cool!!!!!!!!

Irregular Kiki said...

Actually these are pretty good prices. I wouldve expected something this marvellous to be about a thousand dollars!

Kitty said...

Perfect for scaring your sibblings XD

York Blog said...

I wish Bigfoot was my neighbor. he'd be great to take to show and tell

Anonymous said...

a bit too extreme for me.. now about my stepsister's engagement... maybe it will be needed....:)

Patsee said...

That looks fun to wear.

Kiwi said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!! But... I'd be a little afraid to wear it. Somone might think i was bigfoot and capture me!

Thumb Biter said...

that is so cool. But it doesn't really work except in the park, haha. That picture is hilarious.
Kitty: that would be so funny!

Anonymous said...

looks like a swamp monster XD

dangerous said...

I go to a festival (its on may 1st this year), its a fairie festival and there are two people who dress up in these! They call themselves the moss men, and their favorite pastime is leaning on trees and jumping out at people when they least expect it. Love them!

irregular kiki said...

Wouldn't it be so fun to get chased by this thing? I'd be screaming my lungs out. And we could make a horror movie!
Aw that thing is just so cute! Look at the way it's standing there!

Some Lost Melody said...

It looks like Cousin It from the Adams family. XD