Friday, May 16, 2008

How to Get Rich in Your Sleep





(Above: Waiting to be rescued--or making a fortune?)

NASA is offering $5000 a month to anyone willing to stay in bed for 90 straight days. (Unfortunately, I have a feeling you need to be eighteen years old to participate.) It's all part of an experiment that's designed to find ways to help astronauts stay in space longer. You can even read and play videogames! I think I could be REALLY good at this. Find out more here.

On a related note, earlier this year, a Dutch college student launched a website which allowed people to watch him spend his days lounging in bed.

Said the student, "I stay in bed all day, except for taking a shower, going to the bathroom and making something to eat. That's all I want to do. And I want to stay in bed until I'm very rich." Twenty-one days into his project, he'd already made more than $7000.

14 comments:

Kitty said...

I COULD STAY IN BED FOR TWICE AS LONG AS THEY WANT!!! JUST GIVE ME MY DS (with my favorite games), MY BOOKS, A DRAWING PAD WITH PENCIL AND EREASER, AND A COMPUTER!! XD

Kitty said...

"Participants will spend 90 days lying in bed, (except for limited times for specific tests) with their body slightly tilted downward (head down, feet up). Every day, they will be awake for 16 hours and lights out (asleep) for 8 hours."

..... I need atleast 12 hours of sleep... TT-TT

Thumb Biter said...

Not.
Fair.
18?? I'd do it; forget college!
Except the feet up thing sounds a bit uncomfortable xD

elizz said...

why isn't that money mine? *sigh*

Anonymous said...

are they allowed to use the restroom??? and wouldn't they start hurting from getting no excerise

Anonymous said...

thats so coooooool! I think I'd go crazy without my horses though :3 But yeah... easy money! lol

sakura said...

LOL people pay you to stay in bed. I could totally do that! (but I would get insanely fat)
XD

Girlskickbutt!!! said...

can you do situps or something to stay in shape? I would get bored if I could only sleep 8 hrs(14 hrs would be just like school) and i would get hungry eating hospital food stuff.

guess I need another way to get rich

Random Irregular said...

that student made $333.33 a day. I'm up for it.

sekrit7 said...

How could you possibly stay in bed that long???? Seriosly, and (just wondering) how does it help NASA?

Raph said...

Pah. I could do that. xD
But even though I can be lazy sometimes (well, most of the time), it would probably get really depressing...

Girlskickbutt!!! said...

sekrit7: less people to plot against them

Invisible Turtle said...

Anonymous 1: Maybe they have special beds for using the bathroom. Or maybe you wear a diaper. Or maybe the sheets are plastic and-- wait, the bed is tilted towards your head-- that wouldn't work!

ss(were'd my appendix go?)chick said...

now, that SOUNDS like fun, but it's not. trust me. i spent 10 days in bed almost straight when my appendix burst because at first my mom thought it was a stomache flu and kept me in bed for a week then BURST! there goes my appendix, and so i spent another 4 days in bed at the hospital, then another three at home, recuperating. NEVER AGAIN AM I GOING TO STAY IN BED FOR MORE THAN 4 DAYS!!! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!!!